An internship is a temporary employment opportunity for students to gain practical work experience that will enhance their academic and career development. It is also an excellent way to test drive certain career options.
Apply to our highly competitive internship program that will provide you with short-term employment in professional organizations. These are paid, career-related positions designed to offers LA&PS students the opportunity to gain valuable work experience in their field of study.
LA&PS internship program is open to only full-time students in the Faculty of Liberal Arts and Professional Studies.
- LA&PS students must hold 3rd year standing and be enrolled in a full-time honors program within the Faculty of Liberal Arts and Professional Studies.
- Students must have a minimum GPA of 6.0 and the permission of the undergraduate program director to register for LA&PS Internship Program.
- Recent graduates for up to 2 consecutive years upon the time of graduation are also eligible to apply. To ensure you’re a LA&PS student, please visit all academic programs.
Internship placements last for 4 months, 6 months or 8 months and typically begin in January, May or September as to align with the academic calendar. Internships are full-time, paid positions, (typically 35 hours/ week). Students cannot enrol in academic courses while on an internship.
- Gain knowledge first hand from an organization and professionals
- Learn valuable job skills
- Help build a professional network
- Get hands on experience
- Explore different career options and work environments
- Lead to potential employment
1. Internship administered through LA&PS (GCE) Office
LA&PS will post available internship opportunities on the website for students to apply. Students will apply to internship postings by submitting a completed application form, updated resume and cover letter to the LA&PS office. LA&PS office liaises with students and employers throughout the process.
For a listing of all available internship opportunities, please click here.
The Shepherd Group
Paid Internship Position: Social Media Intern -- Full-Time Internship Opportunity
Work Term: January 2017 - August 2017
Duration: 8 months
This position was open to all 3rd year students enrolled in any Honours program in the Faculty of Liberal Arts & Professional Studies. If you have any questions, please contact Karlene Davis at email@example.com.
If you are interested in applying for the LA&PS internship program, or have further questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.