LA&PS Internship Program is open to only full-time students in the Faculty of Liberal Arts and Professional Studies.
- LA&PS students must hold 3rd year standing and be enrolled in a full-time Honours or Specialized Honours program within the Faculty of Liberal Arts and Professional Studies.
- Students must have completed a minimum of 54 credits.
- 4th year students who have at least 15 credits remaining to graduate may be considered.
- Be enrolled in full-time studies (at least 9 credits) when applying to the internship program, except for Summer term.
- Must be in good academic standing with the University (not on academic probation).
- Please read internship posting carefully, some internship positions may have a minimum of 6.0 GPA requirement.
- Must be able to work in Ontario (Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident or Indigenous to Canada).
- International students must obtain work permit, click for more information.
- Students must have attended a Internship Workshop within a the last year (12-months). To register for the mandatory Internship Workshop click here.
In order to qualify for the Internship Award Program (IAP) students must hold the requirements listed above, in addition:
- Have a minimum GPA of 6.0
- Demonstrate both academic excellence and financial need
- Students are eligible to receive the internship award only once during their undergraduate studies at York