IMPORTANT: Incomplete applications will not be reviewed by the Committee on Research Policy and Planning.
- Full-time tenure stream YUFA faculty members affiliated with the Faculty of Liberal Arts & Professional Studies may apply to the LA&PS Minor Research Grant program as long as the project for which they are seeking funding is not already funded by an external grant. Junior faculty are especially encouraged to apply.
- Applications from CLAs and SRCs in LA&PS will also be considered. (Appointments for the grant period must have been confirmed by the application deadline)
- Retired YUFA faculty members from LA&PS or its antecedent faculties who are eligible to teach will also be considered, but given lower priority.
- Visiting professors affiliated with YUFA are not eligible.
- CUPE Unit II and CUPE Exempt Contract faculty members are not eligible for funding through this program.
- Team applications are eligible for consideration as long as all applicants are YUFA faculty affiliated with LA&PS. Team applications should indicate how any funds awarded should be divided up among the applicants.
- Members of the Faculty Committee on Research Policy and Planning (CRPP) and/or its sub-committees are not eligible to apply for funding through this program while sitting on the committees.
- The maximum amount eligible faculty members may receive from this program is $5,000 over a period of 2 fiscal years.
- April 15
- November 15
When the deadline date falls on a Saturday, Sunday, or statutory holiday, applications will be accepted on the next working day.
Preferred application method is through email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A completed original application must be submitted to:
Secretary, Adjudication Sub-committee
Committee on Research Policy and Planning
Application Form & Guidelines
Please note that SSHRC has advised that the CCV is allowed to be used for internal review/adjudication processes.
*NOTE: For the completion of the CV part of the application, faculty have two options:
- Complete the NSERC, CIHR or SSHRC version of the Common CVOR
- Complete the traditional SSHRC CV -- that is, the SSHRC online CV form available through your personal SSHRC account PLUS the 4-page Research Contributions attachment. To log into your SSHRC account. After completing the online SSHRC CV form, generate a PDF of the form by clicking on the "Preview" button associated with it. Combine this PDF with your 4-page RC attachment to create a complete version of your CV materials.
|Minor Research Grant- Guidelines|
|Minor Research Grant- Application||.docx|
|SSHRC Research Contributions- Instructions|
|Canadian Common CV- Website||Website|
|Research Cost Table (as of October 5, 2016)|
All applications are final as of the deadline date.