L. Karakowsky, S. McKenna, K.J. McBey, P. Singh
M. H. Budworth, C. Chan, S. Deutsch Salamon, D. Doorey, M. J. Ducharme, S. Ezzedeen, K. J. McBey, J. Richardson, J. Zikic
S. Latham, M. Podolsky, A. Shantz, J. Wang, C. Wilkin
a) Prerequisites for core requirements:
- AP/ADMS 1000 3.00;
- for students with a prior business related degree, AP/ADMS 1000 3.00 is waived for program requirements and as a prerequisite for administrative studies courses.
Requirements: 27 credits including:
- AP/ADMS 1500 3.00*;
- AP/ADMS 2400 3.00;
- AP/HRM 2600 3.00 (cross-listed to: AP/ADMS 2600 3.00);
- AP/HRM 3400 3.00 (cross-listed to: AP/ADMS 3400 3.00, HH/HLST 3240 3.00);
- AP/HRM 3410 3.00 (cross-listed to: AP/ADMS 3410 3.00);
- AP/HRM 3422 3.00 (cross-listed to: AP/ADMS 3422 3.00);
- AP/HRM 3430 3.00 (cross-listed to: AP/ADMS 3430 3.00);
- AP/HRM 3470 3.00 (cross-listed to: AP/ADMS 3470 3.00);
- AP/HRM 3490 3.00 (cross-listed to: AP/ADMS 3490 3.00).
- The Human Resources Professionals Association (HRPAO) requires AP/ADMS 1500 3.00 or both AP/ADMS 2500 3.00 andAP/ADMS 2510 3.00 in order to be approved as having met the academic requirements for the HRPAO.
- Under the certification process, HRPAO requires an average of 70 per cent with the lowest acceptable grade in any required course of 65 per cent.
Prior to beginning this certificate program, students must normally have the following minimum qualifications:
- an HR related undergraduate degree from a non-Canadian accredited university and
- English language requirements for entry into the Bridging program at York, and
- at least one year of related experience.
Graduating with a certificate
A minimum cumulative grade point average of 4.00 is required to satisfy certificate requirements, except where otherwise stated. Students must also submit application to graduate from a certificate program. Applications should be obtained from and filed with the unit administering the certificate program. Transcript notation that the requirements for a certificate have been completed will be made once the Registrar’s Office has received notice from the unit administering the program. Certificates will not be conferred until candidates have successfully completed an undergraduate degree program if they are simultaneously enrolled in a degree and a certificate program. The Faculty does not award certificates retroactively. The Academic Standards section offers more details of the undergraduate certificate minimum standards.
Requirements: 24 credits including:
- nine credits
- specialized courses: 15 credits
- Honours BHRM: 120 Credits
- BHRM: 90 Credits