Purpose: To ensure that LA&PS faculty members are able to secure strong letters of support from the Office of the Dean for their research applications, as needed.
Guidelines: If your application for funding requires a letter of support from the Dean or the Associate Dean of Graduate Studies & Research, you should notify your Research Officer as early as possible in the application preparation process.
If the letter needs to include a description of university resources that will be contributed to the proposed project, your Research Officer will be able to advise you on potential available supports and can guide you in how to secure the appropriate approvals.
In order to ensure that you receive the letter of support in time to meet internal and external funder deadlines, you should aim to provide your Research Officer with the following information at least 5 business days in advance of your deadline:
- Project title
- Your full name and affiliation
- Name and affiliation of York University team members, if applicable
- Principal Investigator and Host Institution (if not York)
- Competition Name, deadline, and funding agency address
- Special formatting guidelines
- Brief Project Description
- Confirmed cash and in-kind York University Commitments, if applicable
Once your Research Officer has this information, they will be able to draft the letter of support for approval and signature.