Letter of Permission (LOP)

If you wish to enrol at another university (host) abroad and have those undergraduate credits transferred toward your York degree/certificate, you must first apply and be granted a Letter of Permission (LOP) by the Office of the University Registrar.

Fee: non-refundable Letter of Permission processing fee of $50 per institution/term.

The process of completing an LOP application can be found at the Registrar’s Office.

Funding is available from the Faculty of LA&PS in varied amounts towards additional costs for completing a Letter of Permission.  Funding is also available from York International, as well as other sources.  Please review our Funding page for more information.

If you are an LA&PS undergraduate student and have questions about this process, you can contact:

International Engagement Coordinator
Harj Singh
(416) 736-2100 ext. 33586