Looking to work with organizations whose work addresses key issues of social and economic justice?
The Faculty of Liberal Arts and Professional Studies' (LA&PS) Internship Awards Program (IAP) has unique experiential education/work-integrated learning opportunities for enhancing and deepening your learning and work skills.
We recognize that many organizations who undertake important work for social and economic justice are not able to offer paid opportunities. This is why LA&PS is offering a limited number of awards to help students like you engage in a meaningful work opportunity.
HOW DO I APPLY:
First, you are required to register for an information session, which will cover important details about the application process and other components of the IAP. You can register for a session at https://experience.yorku.ca/. Simply login using your Passport York username and password and select Events & Workshops under the Liberal Arts & Professional Studies menu to view a calendar of offerings. Click on the session that works best for you to register and attend.
HOW DO I QUALIFY:
The awards are available to all LA&PS Honours students in 3rd year, who have completed a minimum of 54 credits or 4th year students who have at least 15 credits remaining to graduate and returning to academic studies in September 2020.
In order to qualify for this award, students must:
- Attend the mandatory LA&PS Internship Workshop
- Have a minimum GPA of 6.0
- Be enrolled in full-time studies (at least 9 credits - Winter Term 2019)
- Must be able to work in Ontario (Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident of Canada, or Indigenous Person of Canada)
- International students must have a co-op work permit
- Demonstrate academic excellence
- Students are eligible to receive the internship award only once during their undergraduate studies at York.
Applications are due before February 24th. Once you’ve registered for an information session, you will have access to the awards.