Beginning on October 5, 2020, the LA&PS Advising Office will provide its services through booked appointments or using the QLESS app if you are a student in the Department of Economics. During COVID-19 operations, many of our academic areas have created department-specific email inboxes to provide more efficient student advising services. If you are a student in any of the departments below, please email them directly.
- Writing (email@example.com)
- Social Science (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Sociology (email@example.com)
- Politics (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Human Resources (email@example.com)
- BCOM/BDEM (firstname.lastname@example.org)
If your program is not listed above, no need to worry! You can still connect with our team by submitting an LA&PS Academic Advising Form. We'll get back to you as soon as we can.
Hours of operation:
- Monday - Thursday: 9:30 AM - 4:00 PM EST
- Fridays: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM EST
USING QLESS (FOR STUDENTS IN THE DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMICS)
- Download QLESS on your smartphone from the Google Play Store or iTunes, and open the app.
- For Economics students, select "Faculty of Liberal Arts & Professional Studies-Economics ONLY-Virtual Call Back Advising". (Note: we can only assist Economic students in this queue.)
- Join the line. It’s that simple!
An advisor will summon you from the line and connect with you via email, phone, or Zoom.
Drop-in advising is provided on a first-come, first-serve basis. Once the virtual queue reaches capacity, it will remain closed until the next day of operation. QLESS drop-in advising services are not offered on weekends. If you are unable to join before we close, don't hesitate to send us an email!
If you are a new student to LA&PS and need assistance, email email@example.com. If you are a new student with transfer credits in the Department of Economics (FBEC, BUEC, or ECON), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dates are changing and evolving as new information becomes available. For a detailed breakdown of Fall/Winter 2020-21 sessional dates, please refer to the Registrar Office and York University’s COVID-19 website.
Your Academic Advisors are here – virtually – to address your needs during this difficult time. Stay safe and healthy!
– The LA&PS Advising Team