As we enter our busiest time of the year, the LA&PS Advising Office will provide its services through email advising, in addition to first-come, first-serve virtual drop-ins offered through the QLESS mobile app – beginning on August 24 and continuing to October 2, 2020.
Hours of operation:
- Monday - Friday: 9:30 AM - 4:00 PM EST
Tips for new and returning students when classes are full/reserved
While preparing for this semester, new and returning students may be in search of alternative options after learning that a class is full or reserved. Rather than contacting academic advising, you should contact the department that the class is in to find out if you can get into the course. For other solutions that may work for you, check out the document linked below.
During COVID-19 operations, many of our academic areas have created department-specific email inboxes to provide more efficient student advising services. If you are a student in any of the departments below, please email them directly.
- Writing (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Social Science (email@example.com)
- Sociology (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Politics (email@example.com)
- Human Resources (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- BCOM/BDEM (email@example.com)
If your program is not listed above, no need to worry! You can still connect with our team by submitting an LA&PS Academic Advising Form. We'll get back to you as soon as we can.
Using QLESS (*for students not listed in the above "email advising" section*)
- Download QLESS on your smartphone from the Google Play Store or iTunes, and open the app.
- Within the app, select "Faculty of Liberal Arts & Professional Studies- Call Back Virtual Meeting Academic Advising". (Note: this queue is only for students not listed under "email advising".)
- For Economics students, select "Faculty of Liberal Arts & Professional Studies-Economics ONLY-Virtual Call Back Advising". (Note: we can only assist Economic students in this queue.)
- Join the line. It’s that simple!
An advisor will summon you from the line and connect with you via email, phone, or Zoom.
Drop-in advising is provided on a first-come, first-serve basis. Once the virtual queue reaches capacity, it will remain closed until the next day of operation. QLESS drop-in advising services are not offered on weekends. If you are unable to join before we close, don't hesitate to send us an email!
If you are a new student to LA&PS and need assistance, email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are a new student with transfer credits in the Department of Economics (FBEC, BUEC, or ECON), please contact email@example.com.
Dates are changing and evolving as new information becomes available. For a detailed breakdown of Fall/Winter 2020-21 sessional dates, please refer to the Registrar Office and York University’s COVID-19 website.
Your Academic Advisors are here – virtually – to address your needs during this difficult time. Stay safe and healthy!
– The LA&PS Central Advising Team